Electronic artist and programmer x|k
has developed the ABVSTI - a virtual studio synth
. This sound generator is designed to plug into your studio environment and deliver some audiobulb acoustic elements. The ABVSTI responds to midi-control data for parameter automation and patch changes. The audiobulb inspired control parameters are as follows:
- Bttack (cc 73 - attack): A weak attack modulation on the asdr but also tied to the portamento, so tweak for acid- room.
- Eecay (cc 75 - decay): Tied to the Decay, Sustain and Release, also tied to an kind of added in VCF thing.
- Filter (cc 74 - filter): A basic lowpass, the resonance is tied to something else but if you need more signalpump up the volume.
- Volume (cc 07 - volume): The only way to turn down the noise however the volume level also seems to effect the way Disastrato, room, and Prhizzm, Something, & Legs respond.
- Something (cc 13 - fx control 2): Something subtle, tied into the delay mech.
- Legs (cc 70 - sustain): Delay feedback time dial, however the parameter is also modified by, Disastrato and I think either room, or Prhizzm as well.
- Disastrato (cc 71 - resonance): An osc/lfo that has some great sounds when changing the disaster ratio.
- Room (cc 72 - release): Brings in some FM, but the Disastrato/ room/Prhizzm sound is all inter-related and effect each other.
- Prhizzm (cc 01 - mod wheel): More Prhizzm gets you up into wave like tones, pull back on Prhizzm to getsome more almost melodic loops, the sustain from the played notes tends to meld together and add more musicalbase for the loops.
- Emma (cc 12 - fx control 1): A combined ring-type feature that is after the filter stage, also after the delay stage, and you can get nice ringy drones out of Emma, however Emma responds directly to Disastrato + room + Prhizzm, as the combined forces of these parameters = Emma.