Crio is a virtual analog/FM synthesizer
to make arpeggios, bass, solos, leads, FX-style sounds. The aim was to make an instrument with minimal controls and maximum functionality, to be used at studio or live, with facilities to drastically modify the sounds on the fly, while playing.
The LFO has special functions for rhythmic uses, such as quantization of waveforms synchronized with tempo. If the user applies tone modulation from the LFO with quantization, the resulting tones are forced to a scale, like an autotuner. An interesting result occurs when the noise wave is selected in the LFO.
The modulation wheel can be linked to the overall function of the LFO. Therefore, the user must use that wheel to check the importance of the sound modifications that can be done. For example, when applied quantized tone modulation from LFO, the player can use the modulation wheel to add automatic variations when playing a solo.
- 1 monophonic oscillator with noise generator and 3 voices, including sub oscillator.
- 1 LFO with functions of wave quantization and tempo synchronization.
- 2 filters: typical state variable filter and comb filter.
- 1 envelope generator.
- 1 amplifier with booster and saturation.
- slide tone control that applies to keyboard and tone modulation from LFO.
- MIDI learn in most of the controls.