HybridReverb2 is a convolution-based reverberation effect
which combines the superior sound quality of a convolution reverb with the tuning capability of a feedback delay network.
The sound quality of a convolution reverb depends on the quality of the used room impulse responses. HybridReverb2 comes with a set of room impulse responses which were synthesized with tinyAVE, an auralization software which was developed at the Institute of Communication Acoustics, Ruhr-Universität Bochum (Borß and Martin, 2009; Borß, 2009a). These room impulse responses are designed for a speaker setup with two front and two rear speakers (Borß, 2009b). For a full surround sound effect, you will need two plugins, one plugin which uses a "front" preset for the front channels and a second plugin which uses the corresponding "rear" preset for the rear channels.
- free and open source plugin (GPL)
- high quality room impulse responses (PCM, 48kHz, 24bit)
- rear channel impulse responses for a natural spatial envelopment
- low latency (down to 64 samples)
- low CPU load
- individual performance optimizer
- intuitive and clearly arranged user interface
- quick selection of presets via categories
- tuning of room impulse responses:initial gap / length / pre-delayo, dry / wet / master gain, envelope (with increasing resolution for fine tuning the early reflections), timbre (equalizer with 1/3 octave resolution)
- editor for the preset database
- user specified impulse responses can also be used