Ragnarok is a software reincarnation of an existing, custom build (and therefore one of a kind) hardware analog synthesizer from 1980
Ragnarok is basically a standard architecture VA-synthesizer, consisting of an oscillator section running into a dynamically controlled filter that is followed by an envelope-controlled amplifier or output section. It has some additional sound-shaping options by means of an overdrive on the filter output and an additional 7-band static filter (also known as a Graphic EQ).
- Up to 64 voices polyphony including portamento.
- Unique 3+1 band-limited oscillator bank - up to four oscillators per voice.
- Additional white noise generator.
- Multi-pole filter (6–12–18–24 dB/Oct low-pass or high-pass) with resonance.
- Two envelopes (ADSR or AD) with exponential slopes.
- Low frequency oscillator.
- Built-in Overdrive effect and 7 band graphic equalizer.
- Cool repeat/pseudo arpeggiator functionality.
- Double precision audio processing.
- All parameters can be controlled by MIDI controllers.
- Plug-in comes in 32-bit and 64-bit versions.
- Fully compatible with SM Pro Audio's V-Machine.