Serenity is a synthesizer aimed at creating various choir and string pad sounds
. It is not meant to emulate a specific vintage string or choir machine, although you might find sounds resembling the flavours of the old machines.
Serenity is a fully fledged synthesizer with filters, LFO, various effects and the "Twin Etherify" effect. In addition the internal waveset has been carefully selected to provide you with a wide range of string, choir and vocal waves plus some more complex pad sounds. Most of these waves have been processed widely from prior versions and several new waves have been added.
- 2 x PCM wave oscillators with 128 waves in 2 banks as primary sound sources.
- 1 x Filter - 3 types (LoPass, HiPass, BandPass) ADSR EG with Vel control on Attack & Decay, and 3 Response Modes.
- 1 x 4 channel adaptive mixer for cutoff modulation.
- 1 x VCA EG (ADSR) Vel control on Attack & Decay, and 3 Response Modes.
- 1 x Pan.
- 3 x LFO.
- 1 x S&H.
- 1 x DLFO (Double LFO with two outputs and phase-shifting).
- 1 x special Pitch LFO with Speed Up/Down options.
- 1 x Twin Etherify (2 Formant filter) with various modulation options.
- 1 x Gator not only on Level but optional for Filter and delay Pan too.
- 1 x Delay with several options for panning delayed signal.
- 1 x Stereo Flanger.
- 1 x Stereo Reverb.
- 1 x Bass Enhance.
- 1 x XY-Joypad with 6 controls for 12 destinations and optional display for LFO & Aftertouch motion.
- 3 x Lazy Buttons.
- 12 voices, over 760 patches (6 banks).
Free version limitations: 3 voices, no internal patch management, no MIDI Learn, no velocity control on Attack / Decay of VCF / VCA EG, no SF2 Load, less patches (4 banks), but a hidden easter egg gimmick.