Swamp is a timbre modulation synthesizer
. This being achieved by processing each oscillator's waveform in a very unique way. The result is frequencies are moved to more mid and high ranges - enriching the sound even with harmonics and at certain settings adds a metallic character usually expected by a ringmodulator - but there is no ringmodulator used.
Each oscillator has actually two audio-outputs: one normal and one Timbre-modulated both being routed by mix-sliders to filter or direct out of VCA. So the most interesting part of a sound is already created in using the mix and modulation section of each oscillator. In addition to that the filter section adds what You expect from a synthesizer.
- 2 digital PCM-wave oscillators powered by 64 different waveforms.
- Each oscillators has two outputs: normal and Timbre-modulated.
- Timbre-modulation is achieved by special system of processing the waves of each oscillator.
- 1 filter (24db Lowpass).
- 2 ADSR-style envelope generators.
- 4 LFO (bpm-synced).
- 3 Sample & Hold (bpm-synced).
- 1 bpm-synced Delay with LFO-synced Pan-modulation.