Tonmann DeEsser is a basic high frequency dynamic processor called DeEsser
It's mainly designed to get rid of stinging sibilants that may occur on vocals after compression or adding a high boost. The plugin has been carefully designed to suppress any artificial or alienated sound that may arise under awkward situations with some other (even some hardware) DeEssers.
- True independent stereo operation, but also runs in mono mode.
- Wideband and lowpass reduction modes selectable.
- Fully adjustable center frequency and bandwidth of the detection range.
- Adjustable detection threshold to retain the “crisp” sound character of a vocal.
- Look ahead feature for sibilants with short and sharp attacks.
- Adjustable release time.
- Wide-ranging adjustable attenuation for being able to use it before or after a compressor, just like you prefer.
- "What you remove" listen mode, one actually hears what's going to be suppressed.
- Two level readouts for optical supervision.