Venom VB-303 is inspired by the classic Roland 303 Bass Line synthesizer
. The VB-303 Synthesizer has a very simple single-voice structure. The Sequencer controls the synthesizer using 3 signals: Gate / Pitch / Accent. It's possible to bypass the pattern sequencer and use the VB-303 as a monophonic synthesizer. There are a few controls on the rear panel:
- TM3 – Filter cutoff offset.
- TM4 – Oscillator pitch offset.
- TM5 – Oscillator pitch width.
At the end of the Synthesizer audio chain, there is a Multi-Distortion unit (bypassable) and a 1st order HP filter with a downsampling FIR filter which mimics an usual audio interface ADC.
- RESO BOOST – Filter feedback boost.
- DC-CLICK BE GONE – Removes the small DC offset between the Filter and Amplifier.
- SLIDE TIME – Adjusts the Slide speed.