A VST plug-in which emulates the playback speed imperfections
of the pre-digital era.
- playback speed is modulated in realtime by up to six oscillators
- intuitive controls: Non-linearly scaled controls allow to directly set the perceived pitch deviation depth and rate resulting from the playback speed modulation
- dual mode: In dual mode the left and the right channel are modulated separately
- A built-in test tone generator makes it easy to quickly check a particular setting with different signals.
- If a control has no influence on the sound in a certain mode it will disappear from the surface
- All parameters are controllable by midi controllers
- Pop-up hints of each control on the user interface.
- Assignment of midi controllers is documented in the pop-up hints
- flange mode: When the modulated signal is mixed with the original signal a flanging effect occurs. This feature recalls the times when recording engineers created a flange effect by applying pressure on the tape reel with their hand. Additional controls for feedback and delay allow to create more intense flange effects. Although the unit can be pushed to self-oscillation in extreme settings it will never cause digital clipping thanks to a compressor algorithm inserted into the feedback path.